Calling All Educators
I’m in Boston this week as a presenter for the National Science Teachers’s Association; this post is directed mainly to the educators at the conference. Of course, if you’re interested then it applies to you too!
A Call to Teachers
Thanks for visiting my site! Rather than deluge you with handouts (you’ve got plenty of those by now), I thought I’d address you from my home page. Please take some time to explore this site. Listen to the music, read the notes, and have a look at the standards addressed.
NOW: If you believe this a project worth developing further, her is what I ask of you as teachers.
- If you think my music is a useful tool for teaching, please share it with your colleagues! Your referrals are way more effective than any advertising.
- If you can’t find a song about a topic you want, please contact me! Maybe I can refer you to something you can use. Maybe I can write a song for you! If I can develop your idea into a useable song, I will thank you in the credits. If you request a song, please be as specific as you can about what the key concepts are, the key vocabulary, and anything else you really want your students to know about the topic.
- If you’d like me to come to your school some time, contact me and let me know. Next time I come your way, I’ll contact you and see if we can set something up!
- Keep checking back here for new content. We have a whole new album coming soon!
- Write me a short email about how you are using my music with your students. This gives me ammunition when applying for grants.
- anything else I can do to serve you and your students better? Let me know!